Age and advice

This is a place where members can make suggestions about forum features, get feedback from other forum members on those suggestions, or ask questions about technical issues relating to their use of the forums.

Age and advice

Unread postby NVAuquest » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:37 am

Gentlemen-

I think it would be helpful for posters to disclose their age range when asking for advise.

I don't think asking for an exact age is appropriate due to to confidentiality issues, but perhaps throwing in a range. Say 20-25, 30-35 etc...

I am an older guy (40-45) with a 2 year old. My thought process is far different now than when I was 20, 25, 30 etc....

Being an old goat, I am a little more pragmatic than being 25. I think this can be a detriment and an advantage in certain respects.

I believe advice would be better tailored if we knew the relative age of the OP.

Usually age is disclosed (intentional or not) in the back story, or the post is so full of hysteria you can assume the age, but in some cases, it is hard to guess.

Perhaps this is part of being a father now? Not sure... I do believe if I was younger when I became a dad and separated from the mother my actions would have been vastly different. Mind you they would have been no less passionate.

I think I bite my tongue a little more now and radio silence is much easier.

Thinking out loud here guys, any thoughts?
NVAuquest
10+ Posts

Re: Age and advice

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:26 am

I don't think the advice changes much with regards to the posters age but their reception to it does.

I'm active on another forum with a much younger demographic which has been instrumental in forming my opinion that most under 30 are narcissistic borderline morons.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Mock Turtle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Unfortunately I didn't know I was one until I hit 50. Hence my sig.
γού καvνοτ βε ας ςτοοpid ας Ι αm ηνλεςς γού Ηαvε βεεη ας ςmαρτ ας Ι ψας.
Mock Turtle
1K+ Posts

Unread postby RC611V » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:47 pm

Only chicky dudes have signatures on internet forums.
RC611V
5K+ Posts

Return to Forum Suggestions