Forum Changes

This is a place where members can make suggestions about forum features, get feedback from other forum members on those suggestions, or ask questions about technical issues relating to their use of the forums.

Forum Changes

Unread postby dadsdivorce » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:12 pm

So, I wanted to let you all know (and reassure you guys) that I've now seen the images for how the forum will look, and it is nearly the same. Anyone who has previously been a user/contributor to the forum should have no issue going forward.

The only changes are as follows:

-The header will have a new logo, featured house adds and a slightly different menu of links

-Many of the areas are themed with red - the new will be more blue in color

-The URL will change to forum.mensdivorce.com. However, if anyone has a bookmark or goes to forum.dadsdivorce.com, they will be immediately redirected to the new and correct URL

All in all, it's not really a complete redesign of the forum as much as a new coat of paint, so to speak.

That being said, let me know if you have any other concerns/questions.

Thanks so much,

Katie Davis
Online Editor
DadsDivorce.com Editor
Forum Administrator
--
Divorce advice for men in a friendly divorce forum. Get all your divorce help at Dadsdivorce.com
dadsdivorce
Site Admin

Re: Forum Changes

Unread postby BartSimpson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:30 pm

What is the policy for women posting on forums.mensdivorce.com?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby DoctorZ » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:01 pm

BartSimpson wrote:What is the policy for women posting on forums.mensdivorce.com?

I guess it is the same as for moms at dadsdivorce.com :lol:
DoctorZ
500+ Posts

Unread postby BartSimpson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:22 pm

I don't want to guess - Ms. Katie offered to answer questions so I hope to see the policy described here.

Is this a men's divorce forum? The Terms of Use/Posting Guidelines are not specific.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby BartSimpson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:28 pm

Hello? Ms. Davis? Are you there? Did you mean it when you said you would answer questions?

BartSimpson wrote:What is the policy for women posting on forums.mensdivorce.com?
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby dadsdivorce » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Hey guys,

To answer the question, women are certainly allowed to post on the forum just as women/mothers/etc. are allowed to post on the forum as it is currently set up on forum.dadsdivorce.

While the main focus of these sites is certainly toward helping men and fathers, we often receive questions from step moms, women trying to help new husbands/sons/brothers and more with issues related to divorce, custody, child support and so forth.

-Katie
DadsDivorce.com Editor
Forum Administrator
--
Divorce advice for men in a friendly divorce forum. Get all your divorce help at Dadsdivorce.com
dadsdivorce
Site Admin

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:23 pm

You're kind of new here, aren't you. You really don't know much about this forum.

Maybe you ought to change your signature, Katie.
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby BartSimpson » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Here, Katie, is what currently happens when a woman posts:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=64619
Volenti non fit injuria
BartSimpson
20K Club

Unread postby dadsdivorce » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:39 pm

BartSimpson,

Yes - I've been here for a few months now (since April).

I am actually the Online Editor for the website (as well as the CordellCordell website) and oversee the forum. However, this forum is largely overseen and moderated by the DadsDivorce moderators with occasional checking in by me.

While women may not regularly post in the forum, we don't have a great way of filtering out women from the conversation and that's certainly not our goal. The goal is to better educate men, and especially fathers, on issues related to divorce. If some of those concerns or questions come from women about men in their lives, that only adds to the conversation.

We're not here to segregate, but rather to provide helpful resources, tips and insights to men dealing with divorce-related issues.

The changes that are coming will largely just impact the URL and overall look/design. Threads and conversations will remain the same, and all users will be automatically redirected.

I hope that helps,

Katie Davis
DadsDivorce.com Editor
Forum Administrator
--
dadsdivorce
Site Admin

Unread postby a dad » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:49 pm

forum.mensdivorce.com

The New List:

Do not hire an attorney unless your marriage was over 10 years, then just a consult may be all that is needed to determine spousal support.
Don't record, just move out of the house.
Move far away.
Don't talk to your stbx about anything, ever.
Get a girlfriend, or a few.
Don't journal.
Fight your stbx for every last dime.
Money is your only concern.
a dad

Next

Return to Forum Suggestions