So we are going to pretend like outage never happened?

This is a place where members can make suggestions about forum features, get feedback from other forum members on those suggestions, or ask questions about technical issues relating to their use of the forums.

Re: So we are going to pretend like outage never happened?

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:25 am

Maybe.... In a venue where people often complain about the entitlement mentality of others, displaying one's own entitled way of thinking often invites comment.

An explanation of what happened would be nice but, personally, I don't think it's owed.

It was down. Now its up. Carry on. Make it the kind of place the owners want to invest resources to keep up 24/7.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Caruzzo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:47 am

In other news, Bang Brothers has been down for two months and I am suing for emotional distress.
Caruzzo
100+ Posts

Unread postby Chaos » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:47 am

I was pretty upset when this website went down for a couple of weeks in 2016.

http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/pages-nf/main

Bad year to crash, what with the rash of famous people's deaths. But it's a free service. So yeah.
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Chaos
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Trevor » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:58 pm

The truth: It was a confluence of problems including the web host, the phpBB platform, and resource allocation in Uncle Joe's firm to root-cause and fix the problems.

There. That's what happened. Let's pick up our shovels and get to work.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby TeflonDad » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:36 pm

I'll just add that all of us mods are board users like everyone else. When there are technical issues, we have no ability to fix anything. We can fix posts, threads, and admin the board, but we cannot fix hosting or database problems. C&C is doing that - for free to us all.

I'm just happy it's back up on Father's Day. Carry on.

Be grateful, not resentful. That's how I choose to feel about it. I suggest others choose their feelings about things too. Post-D life got a lot happier when I made better choices about how I felt about things.

Happt Father's Day to all of us.
The board is the sum of all of your great posts. Help divorced men be great dads!
Divorce help in a father friendly divorce forum. More tips on how to deal with your divorce at DadsDivorce.com
TeflonDad
Moderator Emeritus

Unread postby lionel2013 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:21 am

I agree in large part to the OP. No, the hosts don't "owe" us anything, but I do believe an honest explanation would be nice. Many of us including myself have relied on this forum for guidance and support for years now, so to me this is not some < bovine scat > let's have fun type board.

I am intrigued/concerned about the duration of the outage, in particular. Six weeks is a very long time even for "extended maintenance", unless they had to pretty much replace the servers themselves - something like that can have along lead time, indeed.
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Fatheroffour » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:46 am

I dont know why the forum went down, but in the not too distant past it's members conduct has been complained about .

Shaming users, being rude, overly judgmental and basically running off those that dont conform to the narrowly defined conventional wisdom of the forum.

Not the kind of place the owners want to rush to get back online.
Fatheroffour

Unread postby Trevor » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:44 pm

My post was serious, though apparently written in invisible ink.

That's the story I got from trusted sources inside Uncle Joe's employ, contemporaneous with the outage.
"Personal density is directly proportional to temporal bandwidth."
Trevor

Unread postby lionel2013 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Trevor wrote:My post was serious, though apparently written in invisible ink.

That's the story I got from trusted sources inside Uncle Joe's employ, contemporaneous with the outage.

Honestly: I didn't see your post until just now.
Whenever you think divorce is bad, remember there are worse things than divorce.
lionel2013
1K+ Posts

Unread postby Data » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:56 pm

The site was down when I was in the planning stages of serving my STBX. It truly was a bad time for me but I'm not complaining. Who cares the reason. Free is free. We are lucky it is even offered. IT IS TRULY APPRECIATED. While it was down I found a couple of other sites. They weren't very helpful like this one has been but they helped pass the time. Server upgrade, purge, or whatever, it doesn't matter. It's back up now and that's what counts. Hope it's a long time before it has to go dark again. Men need this site. It is great for those of us starting the divorce process who have no idea where to begin or what to do when. Thanks again C&C and all the mods.
Data
50+ Posts

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Suggestions